There are moments in history where society as we know it changes forever. Earthquakes and hurricanes have altered neighborhoods and building codes. Man-made moments such as walking on the moon or the creation of the atomic bomb have created monumental cultural shifts throughout humanity. In early 2020 the entire world started on the journey of living through a novel viral pandemic - COVID 19. Disease pandemics are not new to the human race and examples includethe black plague of the middle ages and the Spanish flu of 1918 where illness killed millions across the globe. Finding peace when living during an unprecedented time is challenging. Taking time to press pause and take a deep breath allows us each permission to find our unique path to serenity in our world during the event. Taking the path to recognize where we are, embrace ourselves, and find connection helps us in our resiliency during these extremely difficult times.This will also help us get ahead of wondering what will our world look post COVID 19. This course will share actionable steps that we can each take to help us along in this journey of uncertainty. For even though we are isolating and practicing social distancing, we are all still 1 Life Connected.
1. Provide language for the challenge of living through an unplanned obstacle.
2. Understand the many points of anxiety faced upon the veterinary professional during times of unplanned chaos.
3. Provide actionable steps to help move forward during times of uncertainty.
4. Understand the three aspects of controlling what we can control with the power of hope, presence and gratitude.
Lesson for Course:
Lesson 1: Finding Connection and Calm in Times of Challenge
- Provide language for the challenge of living through an unplanned obstacle.
- Understand the many points of anxiety faced upon the veterinary professional during times of unplanned chaos.